Hanoi (VNA) – Support policies for people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic need to be carried out immediately as they are facing a raft of difficulties, according to Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung.
At a recent meeting of the Government’s permanent members, Dung also pointed out the necessity of taking into account implementation lag, so as to ensure the timeliness and effectiveness of policies.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) recently compiled a draft resolution on measures for assisting people with sharply declining incomes as well as those who have lost their jobs and are unable to make ends meet due to the direct impact of the pandemic.
It stated that support measures aim to express the Party and State’s focus on vulnerable groups, including ex-revolutionaries, people subject to social protection, and poor and near-poor households.
Policies also look at promoting employers’ access to credit and encourages them to pay adequate salaries to employees with labor contracts who have been forced to temporarily cease working because of the coronavirus outbreak. If employers are still unable to pay salaries even when they have received soft loans, the draft policies also encourage them not to fire affected workers.
Under the draft resolution, the State is set to provide aid to cover part of the daily expenses incurred by workers and by business households and informal workers disadvantaged by the COVID-19 outbreak, quarantine measures, and travel restrictions, MPI noted.
The draft resolution was discussed and received consensus at the Government’s meeting on April 1.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has assigned the MPI to work with relevant ministries and sectors to collect opinions and fine-tune the draft in preparation for issuance./.
- Pakistan launches major crackdown on extremist groups
- Sony and Microsoft Donating Over 5 Million Dollars for Japan Relief
- TECH TREK Wife of Indian Minister Dead After Exposing Husband on Twitter
- Typhoon Haiyan relief effort receives ¥15m donation from Sony
- New Virus Strain Spreads Swiftly Through E-Mail
- Taylor Swift tweets ensure 1989 will be available on Apple Music
- Q&A: Valve's Swift On 's Production, AI Boost
- Ex-Pandemic lot forms new studio, first game has a go at EA
- Israeli Tunnel Hit by Cyberattack, Experts Say
- Taylor Swift is right: Music can’t survive if you don’t pay for it
- Sony has another zombie-infested hit on its hands with the exclusive ‘Days Gone’
- Apple Music lands bevy of major indie artists like Adele, courtesy of Taylor Swift (Update)
Minister: Relief for pandemic-hit groups must be swift have 417 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.