PHNOM PENH, April 28 (Xinhua) — The China-Cambodia community of shared future will bring vigorous development in all fields to Cambodia, Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister Hor Namhong said in an exclusive interview with Xinhua on Tuesday.
As April 28 marks the first anniversary of signing the action plan for building a community of shared future for China and Cambodia, Namhong said Cambodia is the first country that has signed this initiative with China, and it is a roadmap for the two countries to live together as a community.
Through this action plan, the two countries have agreed to share common development and to discuss comprehensive and practical cooperation under the framework of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), he said.
The deputy prime minister said Cambodia has actively supported and comprehensively participated in the BRI and is ready to promote plans to carry out the BRI in Cambodia.
He said the action plan aims to coordinate main sectors such as politics, law enforcement, infrastructure, trade, finance, and people-to-people exchange in order to achieve high-level sustainable development between the two countries.
“The action plan on building a community of shared future between Cambodia and China means that the peoples of the two countries will share both happiness and difficulty together in this community,” he said.
In this spirit, Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen decided to pay a special visit to Beijing on Feb. 5 when China was being hit hard by the COVID-19, he said.
In return, China has dispatched to Cambodia medical experts, along with tons of medical supplies and equipment, to help the kingdom fight against the COVID-19, he added.
Namhong said the action plan has described in details of direct cooperation for key institutions of the two countries by setting practical directions for each institution and implemental methods to achieve the community of shared future for peoples of the two countries.
“Through the plan of action on building the community of shared future between Cambodia and China, I believe that our two peoples will better know each other, will be friendlier and will further provide mutual help in order to enable this community to bring vigorous development in all fields in Cambodia,” he said.
Speaking about China’s role in the regional and global cooperation in fighting against the COVID-19 pandemic, he said China’s successful containment of the COVID-19 is a model for countries that are being hit by the virus.
“After its successful containment of the virus, China has sent doctors, along with a large amount of medical supplies and equipment, to many countries that are being hit hard by the virus,” Namhong said. “This shows that China always upholds the principle of international solidarity in the world.” Enditem
- Article of Deputy Prime Minister-Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh on ASEAN’s cooperation to combat COVID-19
- Solidarity is strength in ASEAN cooperation to fight COVID-19: Deputy PM
- Spotlight: Good-neighborly bond highlighted in China-ASEAN joint fight against COVID-19
- Australians wanting to leave Cambodia amid coronavirus hit 'brick wall' in bid for government help
- How the man running World Health Organisation trashed by Trump as China-centric is a career politician who worked for a Communist junta and became WHO's first NON-doctor Director-General 'following intense lobbying from Beijing'
- China seeks to contain 'silent carriers' of new coronavirus
- Vietnamese PM talks on outcomes of Special ASEAN, ASEAN+3 Summits on COVID-19
- Xinhua Headlines: Rumor Buster: Six facts about China's fight against COVID-19
- China poses the biggest threat to America and is waging a 'full court blitzkrieg' against us, says Bill Bar in escalating rhetoric aimed at Beijing amid fury at coronavirus 'cover-up'
- With Sri Lankan port acquisition, China adds another 'pearl' to its 'string'
- China's contagion response deserves support, experts say
- Coronavirus: NY ‘virus capital’ as Aussies flee Cambodia and rapid testing available
Interview: China-Cambodia community of shared future to bring vigorous development to Cambodia: Cambodian Deputy PM have 624 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at April 28, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.