Amid concerns for the elderly during the ongoing lockdown,NCW chief Rekha Sharma has asked people to get in touch with the Commission if anyone’s old parents are staying alone and need help.
“If anyone’s old parents are staying alone anywhere in india and need any help Please let me know. The help will reach them. In Delhi, I personally will take care and in other parts will take help of state Chairpersons,” she said in a tweet.
Several people responded to her tweets to seek help for their ailing parents.
India has been under a three-week lockdown since March 24 with its 1.3 billion people instructed to stay home in view of the coronavirus outbreak, which has claimed 76 lives and infected over 2500 people in the country.
- Anxiety, stress and depression on the rise as the Covid-19 lockdown hits the 6-month mark
- Doorstep vehicle servicing: New business model expedited by COVID-19 lockdown
- Coronavirus outbreak: Odisha extends COVID-19 lockdown in containment zones till November 30
- U.K. unveils 3-level COVID-19 lockdown plan
- Mumbai: Bidi workers struggle amid COVID-19 lockdown
- UK PM Johnson Reportedly Open to Imposing 'Circuit Breaker' COVID-19 Lockdown Amid Labour Pressure
- Families of children with disabilities a 'hidden minority' during Covid-19 lockdown, many still in 'survival mode'
- Toddler behaviour hardest hit during Covid-19 lockdowns, survey finds
- Piers Morgan clashes again with son Spencer over Covid-19 lockdown restrictions
- Virtual Leaders | COVID-19 lockdown underscores role of technology as game changer, says SAM & Co Managing Partner Pallavi Shroff
- Climate Explained: Will the Covid-19 lockdown slow the effects of climate change?
- SC directs Mumbai-based consumer body, airlines to file affidavits on refunds on tickets booked during Covid-19 lockdown
Get in touch if elderly parents need help during Covid-19 lockdown: NCW have 308 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.