Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam speaks at the event (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam has thanked Vietnamese all around the country for their support and efforts in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic and lauded the many good deeds of organizations, businesses, and individuals. Speaking at a meeting of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control in Hanoi on April 6, which he heads, Deputy PM Dam said Vietnam is one of only three countries worldwide where cases surpass 200 but no fatalities have been recorded. It has been able to contain the pandemic, he said, thanks to the sound leadership of the Party and the State and the comprehensive engagement of involved agencies. Given the complex developments globally and the various hardships and risks likely to lay ahead, Deputy PM Dam called upon all to remain vigilant and united. The Ministry of Health reported that Vietnam has had 241 confirmed COVID-19 cases to date, including 150 infected people arriving from overseas. Ninety have recovered and been transferred to health facilities for further monitoring. Echoing Deputy PM Dam’s comments, Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Xuan Tuyen said the disease is now under… Read full this story
- Irish deputy PM Simon Coveney warns No Deal will mean 'civil unrest' as he says UK and EU are NOT close to an agreement despite optimistic 'spin'
- Culture, sports and tourism sector inspires Vietnamese spirit: Deputy PM
- UNSC presidency – “golden chance” for Vietnam: Deputy PM
- Government encourages startup innovation: Deputy PM
- Former Deputy PM warned over steel project violations
- VN Government encourages startup innovation: Deputy PM
- Deputy PM meets officials from countries at UNSC open debate
- Party inspectors urge for punishment against former deputy PM for steel project violations
- Former deputy PM faces discipline for poor steel project oversight
- UK Brexit Secretary Davis May Quit If 'Deputy PM' Sacked Over Ethics Inquiry
Deputy PM thanks public for support in tackling COVID-19 have 322 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.