One group has been found in Covid-19 patients entering Vietnam from Wuhan in China, and the other in those who came from Europe, said Le Thi Quynh Mai, deputy director of the institute.”There is a clear difference,” Mai said, adding that this evolution process occurs naturally when the virus jumps from one organism to another.”The virus will keep evolving. We will follow the process closely,” she said.The institute has not yet confirmed whether there are differences in virulence between the two virus groups, Mai said.Scientists at the institute first succeeded in culturing and isolating the novel coronavirus in early February, which will serve as a basis for the development of a future vaccine.Vietnam has also produced its own Covid-19 test kits that provide quicker results and are easier to use than those used by the U.S. Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, according to the Ministry of Science and Technology.The country has confirmed 241 Covid-19 cases so far, with only one new case recorded since Sunday, less than a week into the fortnight long social distancing campaign announced by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, which calls for people to stay home and does not allow public gatherings… Read full this story
- Should all electricity be purchased from Vietnam Electricity Group?
- Vietnam says police arrest seven more from group accused of June police station bombing
- Vietnam Airlines earns $141.8m in pre-tax profit
- Why Vietnam is such a magnet for baht
- Minor takes The Coffee Club to Vietnam
- Central Group plans $1.5-billion expansion in Thailand and Vietnam
- Vietnam’s farm ministry seeks to surpass targets
- Vietnam to face Philippines in AFF women's football champs semi-finals
- Vietnam protestors clash with police ahead of activist trial
- Pig `Ebola' virus sends shock waves through global food chain
Covid-19 virus has ‘evolved,’ Vietnam harbors two groups have 313 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.