A special lockdown
According to the CBI, Yes Bank made investments to the tune of Rs 3,700 crore in DHFL’s short term debentures between April and June 2018. The agency has claimed that the
The Wadhawans, who were on a holiday in
Last Saturday, a special lockdown court vacated the previous April 18 order staying the non-bailable warrant after the CBI argued that both the accused were absconding since the beginning of the investigation and had evaded joining the investigation, despite the NBW issued against them in March.
The Wadhawan brothers had previously moved the court for bail during the remand hearing. At the time, the court had held that the application was not maintainable as they were in agency’s custody and that they may request for bail once they are remanded in judicial custody. The CBI had, in the past, issued six summons to the Wadhawans to appear before the agency between March 10 and March 16.
The agency claimed that these summons were not complied with. The brothers had sought “accommodation” from the agency, as they were travelling due to “Kapil Wadhwan’s health reasons”, citing travel restrictions due to the pandemic.
Mirror had previously reported that the brothers were arrested from their Mahabaleshwar residence on Sunday by the CBI, who were assisted by the Satara police which had booked them under section 188 of the
They were under home isolation after their 14-day quarantine in Panchgani ended last Thursday. — MUMBAI MIRROR BUREAU
- Moscow court extends detention term for all 24 captive Ukrainian sailors until April 24
- Moscow court extends detention term for 12 captive Ukrainian sailors until April 24
- Moscow court extends detention term for 12 captive Ukrainian sailors until April 24 (Video)
- Russian court extends custody of Baring Vostok’s Calvey
- Russian court extends detention of Ukrainian sailors until April 24
- UPDATE: Russian court extends detention of Ukrainian sailors until April 24
- Russian court extends detention of Belarussian model
- Court extends pre-trial arrest of MP Manvel Grigoryan for another two months
- Full injuries of man who jumped over 30ft balcony to escape court
- Frode Berg’s custody extended
- Court round-up: Grantham area defendants appear before magistrates
- The 14 people who have been in court in Hull this week
Court extends CBI custody of Wadhawan brothers have 512 words, post on mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com at April 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.