Two of the three cases confirmed today were in close contact with the first coronavirus patient in Hanoi.
Vietnam on Saturday reported three more people infected with the novel coronavirus (nCoV), raising the tally of infected cases to 20 in the country which had reported no new case for 22 consecutive days.
|Hanoi is making efforts to prevent the spread of Covid-19|
The three new patients are a 27-year-old man returning to the country on March 4 from Daegu – an epicenter in South Korea – and two people who were in close contact with Hanoi's first coronavirus patient Nguyen Hong Nhung.
The man coming from South Korea named P.T.V is now under treatment at Ninh Binh General Hospital. He was quarantined at a military school in the northern province of Ninh Binh right after arriving at Van Don International Airport in the northern province of Quang Ninh on March 4.
Ten others who made contact with him at the quarantine place have been put under strict medical supervision.
The two other patients are Nhung's private driver, a man of 27 years old, and her auntie, 64 years old. Both are being quarantined at the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases in Hanoi.
As of Saturday morning, Nguyen Khac Hien, director of Hanoi Department of Health, said that Hanoi had identified 33 people who were in close contact with Nhung and 90 others who made contact with those who spent time with Nhung.
After 22 days without new infections, the latest infected cases in Vietnam have somewhat caused some fears among a number of people, mostly in Hanoi when it the first infected case was confirmed.
- Vietnam reports fresh bird flu cases among ducks
- Vietnam reports fetus in spleen cases for first time
- Vietnam reports second bird flu case in a week
- Northern Vietnam reports new bird flu case in ducks
- Vietnam reports suspected bird flu case
- Vietnam reports no new human cases of bird flu
- Vietnam reports 96 swine flu cases
- Vietnam reports 15 H1N1 flu cases
- Vietnam reports 300,000 A/H1N1 infection cases
- Vietnam reports another human bird flu case
- VN reports 300,000 A/H1N1 infection cases
- Vietnam reports latest death due to bird flu
Vietnam reports 20th nCoV infected case have 349 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at March 7, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.