The song is public service announcement (PSA) aiming to raise people’s awareness of sanitation against the virus.
An infectiously catchy song released by Vietnam's health department about protecting yourself against coronavirus has gone viral around the world.
The song, titled Ghen Co Vy , is public service announcement (PSA) formed by the collaboration between musician Khac Hung and Vietnam's Institute of Occupation and Environmental Health.
|Ghen Co Vy song and dance go viral worldwide over the last days|
Ghen Co Vy , which is a lyrical adaption based on the melody of the V-pop hit Ghen written by Khac Hung, is performed by the tune's original singers Min and Erik.
The lyrics aim to promote preventative measures against the deadly virus such as hand-washing and sanitation, like "Wash our hands, rub, rub, rub, rub evenly", "Do not touch eyes, nose, mouth", and "Limit visits to crowded places".
It has millions of views online and is getting even more attraction on the TikTok platform where the song has become a dance challenge. Dancer Quang Dang is the one who made the song popular on his TikTok.
Quang Dang told Billboard: "I want to use my own language (dance) to spread the right information about fighting Covid-19 to as many people as possible."
The song and dance have become viral and received compliments from top US news agencies namely Billboard, the New York Times and it has been highlighted on the latest episode of HBO’s Last Week Tonight With John Oliver.
Oliver called the song "incredible" and tried out the dance himself. "Vietnam made a song about washing your hands to prevent coronavirus infection, and it absolutely slaps," Oliver said. "That's a genuine club banger right there."
UNICEF wrote on its fan page that "We love this handwashing dance from Vietnamese dancer, Quang Dang." Washing your hands with soap and water is one of the first step to protect yourself from coronavirus.
BFM TV is a 24-hour rolling news and weather channel based in France with more than 10 million of audience daily has made compliments to Ghen Co Vy song.
Vietnam in particular seems to have nailed the awareness strategy by releasing a wildly catchy PSA in an attempt to keep the country's residents safe, according to Billboard.
- Watch: Nedumudi Venu's song on fighting Coronavirus pandemic goes viral
- Choreographer Sridhar Master’s Dance Video On Coronavirus Awareness Goes Viral; Watch
- Watch | Malayalam actor Nedumudi Venu’s song on COVID-19 goes viral
- Purab Kohli reveals his entire family had Covid-19, Aishwarya Rai’s unreleased video goes viral
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral for Samantha Bee clip: 'If you're full of bulls---, I'm coming for ya'
- COVID-19 | Video of three-year-old daughter of nurse in quarantine, longing for her to return home, goes viral
- COVID-19: Quarantined Nurse in Karnataka Meets 3-Yr-Old Daughter From a Distance, Video Goes Viral
- One Family's Quarantine Take on The Simpsons Goes Viral
- Piers Morgan goes viral praising 'immigrant NHS workers' in impassioned speech
- 'Caption This': Photo of Senator Surrounded by Socially Distanced Reporters Goes Viral
- Poem constructed from emails received during quarantine goes viral
- Man collects milk spilt on road in Agra while stray dogs feed on it. Video goes viral
Vietnam coronavirus song goes viral worldwide have 546 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at March 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.