Video PlayerClose CAIRO, March 4 (Xinhua) — Iran on Wednesday received international aid to support its efforts to fight COVID-19, while more countries in the Middle East took further steps to stop the spread of the virus. Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Abbas Mousavi said that a large consignment of aid was shipped to Iran from the World Health Organization. Earlier Wednesday, the first humanitarian aid from the French government was handed over to Iran’s Ministry of Health and Medical Education. In addition, the United Nations Children’s Fund, China, Turkey and Austria, as well as the European countries, have also provided medical supplies to Iran to help contain the coronavirus, Mousavi added. Meanwhile, Iranian Ministry of Health and Medical Education said that the novel coronavirus has infected 2,922 people across the country, 92 of whom have died. A total of 552 people have recovered and left hospital. Iran’s First Vice President Eshaq Jahangiri said Wednesday that the Iranian government has suspended its officials’ participation in international events and exhibitions, except for the Foreign Ministry, to “reduce possible disease transmission to the foreign countries.” Lebanon, which announced two new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, received 600 medical protective goggles and a batch… Read full this story
- Vietnam donates 140,000 face masks to Japan to help fight COVID-19
- After China, BRICS bank loans $1 billion to India to fight Covid-19 pandemic
- Houston nurses at UT Physicians and their effort to fight COVID-19
- Ola Donates Rs 50 Lakh To Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Relief Fund To Fight Covid-19
- Technology companies can help fight Covid-19
- DailyObjects launches portable UV sterilizer to fight Covid-19
- Students turn tech innovators to fight Covid-19, come up with touchless doorbell, sanitisation bands
- What roles did the Chinese military play in fighting COVID-19?
- Sunglasses with distance sensors to touchless doorbell: Delhi-NCR students turn innovators to fight Covid-19
- Covid-19: 10 countries with highest number of cases and fatalities
Roundup: Iran receives int'l aid for fighting COVID-19, as more Mideastern countries take preventive measures have 327 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 5, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.