The series starts in Dharamsala on Thursday (March 12). Du Plessis, who last played an ODI during the 2019 World Cup, had an indifferent T20 series against Australia, with scores of 24, 15 and 5.
“If you go to a place like India, you need to find a balance between youth and experience. I think Faf is really doing well in ODI cricket for South Africa. The last time he played, he got a hundred. He knows the Indian conditions very well,” Boucher said during the team’s pre-departure press conference on Sunday.
The South African team reached India on Monday morning and will take a chartered flight to Dharamsala on Tuesday. Boucher feels that having Du Plessis also means he will have some selection headaches, which is a good thing to have.
“It’s a good headache to have. Just him being around the squad will add a lot of value and experience as well. We will look at conditions and then put together combinations. Why you would want to have Faf is because he has done really well in those (Indian) conditions.”
While South Africa lost the T20 series 1-2 to Australia, they blanked the visitors 3-0 in the ODIs, which gives them confidence going into the series against India. “T20s are important this year given we have the T20 World Cup. But in general, Proteas and Cricket South Africa (CSA), we need to find ourselves growing. We have just beaten a very good team now. We needed confidence and it will certainly give us a lot of confidence.”
The former wicketkeeper said that Indian conditions will be tough for a lot of visiting players, who will be touring the country for the first time. “India is going to be a tough test. Different conditions. Lot of guys haven’t played a lot of cricket in India as well. What’s impressive is guys have responded to the messages we have sent out to them on batting and bowling perspectives.”
- India vs South Africa: Pacers performance hallmark of our team's results in recent years: Virat Kohli
- India vs South Africa | Pacers performance hallmark of our team getting results in recent years, says Virat Kohli
- India vs South Africa, 1st Test Day 4: India set Proteas a target of 305 runs at Centurion
- India vs South Africa, 1st Test: Virat Kohli and band score historic win at Centurion, go 1-0 up
- India vs South Africa: 2021 will go down as one of the greatest years in Indian cricket: KL Rahul
- India vs South Africa 1st Test: Man of the Match, Stats & Records, Post-Match Presentation, Highlights
- India vs South Africa, 2nd Test: Wanderers Stadium Pitch Report, Records, Johannesburg Weather Info
- India vs South Africa: Elgar feels Bumrah is one bowler who can exploit South African conditions
- India vs South Africa 2021-22: Can Virat Kohli and band defy historical, external, internal worry points?
- India vs South Africa: Ntini, Donald predict intense battle in Test series
- India vs South Africa: As players, we have gotten used to bad news around us, says Proteas captain Dean Elgar
- India vs South Africa, 2nd Test: Live Telecast, Live Streaming, IST Time of New Year Test at Johannesburg
India vs South Africa: Faf's experience in Indian conditions will help team: Boucher have 675 words, post on www.mykhel.com at March 9, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.