Asia News India’s coronavirus cases tick up despite immense lockdown The Saigon Times Thursday, Mar 26, 2020,16:22 (GMT+7) India’s coronavirus cases tick up despite immense lockdownThe Saigon Times People buy vegetables in a market during a 21-day nationwide lockdown to limit the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in the old quarters of Delhi, India, March 26, 2020 – PHOTO: REUTERS NEW DELHI (REUTERS) – Three more people infected with coronavirus died overnight in India as the government sought on Thursday to improve basic services to 1.3 billion people locked indoors to slow the spread of the disease. Streets were silent across India’s cities and towns on the second day of a three-week, 24 hour shutdown as people heeded Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call not to step out of homes except in emergencies or to buy food and other necessities. Lines of people, wearing masks and some with gloves, could be seen outside small neighbourhood shops in Delhi and Mumbai, among other cities. Trucks were stranded at state borders and public transport was withdrawn. Police have strictly enforced the lockdown even though Modi said essential services would be maintained. Ram Prakash, a shopkeeper in Delhi’s Nizamuddin area, said supplies of some essential goods had… Read full this story
- Amid spike in coronavirus cases, India boosts capacity for tougher challenges ahead
- Channel Tunnel remains OPEN despite France battling 'extremely high surge' in coronavirus cases as nation reports 319 more victims taking official death toll to 2,314
- Over 1 lakh coronavirus cases across globe in last 36 hours, death toll crosses 3,00,000
- Coronavirus cases top 600,000 worldwide, death toll hits 28,000
- NCDC confirms 4 new coronavirus cases in Oyo State
- Covid-19 update: US coronavirus cases top 100,000, Donald Trump considers quarantine for New Yorkers
- Coronavirus Cases: Massachusetts Reports 2,417 Positive Tests, 10 New Deaths
- ‘These are not numbers, these are neighbors,’ Garcetti says as coronavirus cases surge in L.A.
- Five New Coronavirus Cases in Noida, Dadri; Toll in UP's Gautam Buddh Nagar Rises to 22
- 248 cases registered for violating lockdown
India's coronavirus cases tick up despite immense lockdown have 341 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.