The business community must take pioneering role in the capital city's fight against the Covid-19 pandemic, said Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue.
Enterprises in Hanoi have made timely adjustment to quickly adapt to new circumstances ò the Covid-19 pandemic, according to Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue.
|Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue at the meeting. Source: VGP.|
"Many enterprises have been creative in changing operational method to overcome current challenges," Hue said in a meeting with 109 enterprises in Hanoi on March 24.
According to Hue, the business community must take the pioneering role in the capital city's fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
"Enterprises should constantly change for the better in terms of corporate governance, vision and development strategy. Those without a strong mindset to rise against challenges would be left behind," Hue stressed.
Hue requested Hanoi enterprises to show true characters and prepare for a speedy recovery once the pandemic is contained.
Additionally, enterprises should draft plans to protect health of their employees and the community during operation.
Hue expected retailers to ensure sufficient food supply and the city’s authorities are willing to waive storage costs.
Head of the Party Committee of Hanoi Transportation Corporation (Transerco) Nguyen Hoang Trung said over 7,000 employees of the public transportation sector are affected by the pandemic, but Transerco is adjusting work shifts to ensure that everyone gets paid.
Meanwhile, Hanoi Tourism Company is now focusing on online training for staff or participating in upgrading hotels to prepare for the post-pandemic period.
General Director of Hanoi Trade Corporation (Hapro) Vu Thanh Son said as its exporting activities to markets such as the US, Europe or ASEAN have been restricted due to the pandemic, the company is boosting its online sale and received positive responses from customers.
Meanwhile, Hapro's garment – textile department has turned to face masks production, with a capacity of up to one million units per month.
In support to the city's effort against the pandemic, Hanoi's business community has been actively involving in donating financial resources and medical instruments. Vietnam Electricity Equipment Company has contributing cash and medical equipment to the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases worth VND5 billion (US$216,109); Saigon – Hanoi Insurance Company with VND1 billion (US$43,210); Garment 10 and Dong Xuan Knitting Company mobilized personal and resources to make millions of antibacterial cloth face masks to meet growing demand of the market, as well as distributing 10,000 units for free.
- Hanoi's economy shows positive performance in January-August period
- Hanoi's education sector makes efforts to ensure learning amid Covid-19
- Hanoi provides support worth over US$830 million for businesses
- Measures should be scientifically studied to adapt to COVID-19: PM
- Hanoi industrial production maintains growth of 6.3% in 8-month period
- 45-day social distancing has hurt Hanoi's economy but public health has been protected
- From Hanoi with love
- Hanoi Gift Show 2020 expected to attract over 10,000 local and foreign visitors
- National Day Ceremony September 2: Hanoi belief in the victory over the pandemic
- 'Zero dong apartments' provide shelters pandemic-hit Hanoi migrants
- 'Zero dong apartments' shelter pandemic-hit Hanoi migrants
- Hanoi provides supports to transport companies
Hanoi enterprises adapt to pandemic circumstances have 519 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.