Phạm Thanh Vũ works on an organic paddy field which is able to resist the impacts of climate change. — VNA/VNS Photo Hồng Đạt KIÊN GIANG — Graduating from the Mekong Delta’s prestigious Cần Thơ University, 24-year-old Phạm Thanh Vũ still refers himself as a farmer in the truest sense of the word. Over the past four years, along with his studies, Vũ has experimented and cultivated different types of organic rice and vegetables on a small farm of 4,500sq.m in Hòn Đất District, Kiên Giang Province. He had meticulously run countless tests on soil quality and pests situations since his second year at university before throwing the dice for commercial cultivation in 2019. An investment of VNĐ15 million (US$645) per 1,000sq.m brought a profit of VNĐ40 million ($1,700), Vũ said. “Organic farming is my passion,” said Vũ, recalling his undergraduate days when he worked part time for agricultural projects to finance his trips to farms in Việt Nam’s rice bowl to learn different cultivation models and farming practices. Those field trips offered Vũ opportunities to meet and talk with both farmers and researchers as he realised agricultural science had to go hand-in-hand with the cultivating conditions, soil and climate in each area. Born and raised in Hòn Đất… Read full this story
- Southern Miss' Kwadra Griggs will start at QB vs. Rice
- Coalition tells Denham and Zinke: Hands off state water rights & Delta flows! : Indybay
- Heart of Louisiana: Rice Mill
- When the Menu Says ‘Organic,’ but All the Food Isn’t
- Community Action Organization rethinks location of day care, medical clinic
- Get organized. For your kids’ sake.
- SEE IT: Texas woman says roadside strip search felt like 'rape' as new dashcam video is released
- Florida finds its coach, Texas A&M, Arizona St start looking
- Detroit Tigers close to signing starting pitcher Mike Fiers to one-year deal
- Scholarship search time
Delta’s “start-up farmer” in search of organic rice have 335 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.