The US president says he is confident American hospitals will have enough ventilators to cope. Donald Trump has said the US will be in “a very good shape” in terms of the number of ventilators available by the time the coronavirus outbreak peaks. The president said at least 10 US companies were now making the medical devices, and some might be exported. The virus can cause severe respiratory issues as it attacks the lungs. Ventilators help keep patients breathing. The US has more than 163,000 confirmed virus cases and over 3,000 deaths. New York City is the worst-hit place in America, with 914 confirmed fatalities, according to Johns Hopkins University. The US last week became the country with the most reported cases, ahead of Italy and China. What did Trump say? Speaking at Monday’s Coronavirus Task Force briefing at the White House, Mr Trump said: “We have now 10 companies at least making the ventilators, and we say go ahead because, honestly, other countries – they’ll never be able to do it.” Asked whether there would be enough ventilators for all patients in the US who needed them during a predicted peak in infections in two weeks’ time, Mr Trump… Read full this story
- Donald Trump says he wants Russia to rejoin the G7 to promote 'world peace' and claims again that Obama was 'outsmarted' by Vladimir Putin and that's why he booted him
- Trump's White House meeting on vaping results in contentious debate
- Donald Trump says he REGRETS pressuring his brother to be part of the family firm before he died of alcoholism and says he fears he too would be an addict if he drank
- 'We have what's known as FREEDOM OF SPEECH!' Outraged Trump says he is 'closely monitoring' social media sites for bias against conservatives - after Facebook banned several far-right figures from their platform
- Trump says US close to deal with China but he'd be OK continuing trade war
- Trump says he went through ‘very routine physical’
- The worst thing about the Trump tape? When he meets Arianne Zucker
- Donald Trump says he wanted 'nothing' from Ukranians as US ambassador Gordon Sondland says otherwise at impeachment hearing
- Trump says media is part of vetting his nominees: 'We save a lot of money that way'
- EXCLUSIVE: President Donald Trump says it 'doesn't matter' what former White House counsel Don McGahn told Mueller
Coronavirus: Trump says US in good shape to meet 'peak' have 405 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.