PFLUGERVILLE, TX — Pflugerville on Thursday isssued a declaration of public health emergency in light of the growing new coronavirus threat.
The declaraion issued by Mayor Victor Gonzales is in effect immediately, and will be implemented for up to seven days with the option of extending it through city council action, officials said in a press advisory.
Although no confirmed cases of the respiratory ailment virus have emerged in Pflugerville, the move yields the ability for the city to request disaster recovery assistance from the state and federal government if needed. The measure also authorizes the mayor to use all available resources to assist in the municipal response as outlined in the Texas Disaster Act.
Don’t miss the latest coronavirus updates from health and government officials in the Austin area. Sign up for Patch news alerts and newsletters for what you need to know daily
The local declaration follows similar Public Health Emergency versions at the federal and state levels issued on March 13, city officils noted.
City staff have been working with other state and local officials to stay updated on the latest information regarding the virus, officials said. Pflugerville will continue to communicate updates at www.pflugervilletx.gov/virus and on the City of Pflugerville social media pages.
- Deputy FM chairs 5th meeting of ACC working group on public health emergencies
- Florida sees 2 coronavirus cases, DeSantis calls for public health emergency
- Coronavirus: India's public health system on the verge of collapse
- Thailand agrees to operate ASEAN centre for public health emergencies
- Public health officials warn that jubilant mass celebrations for Biden create a 'high risk' of COVID spread - as 'super-spreader scolds' who slammed Trump's rallies are seen packed together in large crowds
- Strengthening public health capacities in disasters
- Delaware County Officials Urge Residents To Follow Public Health Guidance To Avoid Another Lockdown
- Serious public health issues await the next POTUS
- Vietnam is fighting Covid without pitting economic growth against public health
- Public health experts are increasingly frustrated with America's lack of leadership on coronavirus
- What Is The Future Of Public Health Following 2020 Election?
- How coronavirus brought Spain's health care system to its knees
Coronavirus: Pflugerville Issues Public Health Emergency have 346 words, post on patch.com at March 20, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.