Viêt Nam Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson Lê Thị Thu Hằng during Thursday press briefing in Hà Nội. — VNA/VNS Photo Lâm Khánh HÀ NỘI — The Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thursday condemned Chinese’s establishment of two research stations on Đá Chữ Thập (Fiery Cross Reef) and Đá Xu Bi (Subi Reef) which are parts of Việt Nam’s Trường Sa (Spratly) archipelago. “Việt Nam requested China to respect its sovereignty, don’t take any action to increase tension, complicate the situation and affect peace and stability in East Sea and the region as well as efforts in the negotiation of the Code of Conduct in the East Sea,” Lê Thị Thu Hằng, spokesperson for the foreign ministry, said at a press briefing in Hà Nội. “Việt Nam has repeatedly stated it has sufficient historical and legal evidence to prove its sovereignty over Hoàng Sa (Paracel) and Trường Sa archipelagoes in line with international law.” All activities in these two archipelagos must be permitted by Việt Nam. On March 20, Xinhua news agency reported that two research stations were put into operation on Yongshu and Zhubi islands in the South China Sea. The stations will support scientists in field investigation, sampling and scientific research on the… Read full this story
- China’s newest rules on foreign content are stricter than ever
- Cancer researcher receives China's highest award for foreign experts
- China Repeats Military Drills Near Taiwan Following Threat of Military Intervention
- North Korea Sends Delegation to China to Observe ‘Socialist Economic System’
- White House slams China's 'Orwellian' demand that 36 foreign airlines change references to Taiwan
- China: Harvey Weinstein and ‘American-Style Democracy’ Biggest Human Rights Threats in U.S.
- China Joins Russia, Iran in Condemning U.S. Strike on Syria: ‘We Oppose the Use of Force’
- Ford Việt Nam Tổ Chức “Tháng Chăm Sóc Khách Hàng”
- Yamaha kỷ niệm 20 năm tại Việt Nam
- Toyota Việt Nam đẩy mạnh các sản phẩm dịch vụ gia tăng
China must respect Việt Nam’s sovereignty: Foreign Ministry have 370 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.