Viêt Nam Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson Lê Thị Thu Hằng during Thursday press briefing in Hà Nội. — VNA/VNS Photo Lâm Khánh HÀ NỘI — The Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thursday condemned Chinese’s establishment of two research stations on Đá Chữ Thập (Fiery Cross Reef) and Đá Xu Bi (Subi Reef) which are parts of Việt Nam’s Trường Sa (Spratly) archipelago. “Việt Nam requested China to respect its sovereignty, don’t take any action to increase tension, complicate the situation and affect peace and stability in East Sea and the region as well as efforts in the negotiation of the Code of Conduct in the East Sea,” Lê Thị Thu Hằng, spokesperson for the foreign ministry, said at a press briefing in Hà Nội. “Việt Nam has repeatedly stated it has sufficient historical and legal evidence to prove its sovereignty over Hoàng Sa (Paracel) and Trường Sa archipelagoes in line with international law.” All activities in these two archipelagos must be permitted by Việt Nam. On March 20, Xinhua news agency reported that two research stations were put into operation on Yongshu and Zhubi islands in the South China Sea. The stations will support scientists in field investigation, sampling and scientific research on the… Read full this story
- Ex-Maldives leader urges voters to stop China ‘buying up our sovereignty’
- Russian foreign ministry says Moscow ready to cooperate with US on Afghanistan
- Schulz abandons bid for Foreign Ministry as SPD power struggle heats up
- New federal councillor Cassis inherits foreign ministry
- Russian foreign ministry mocks Theresa May
- Russian foreign ministry mocks Theresa May in a tweet
- Russia to expel 23 British diplomats: foreign ministry
- Russia’s Foreign Ministry accuses US of election meddling
- China's Xi Jinping urges respect for 'cyberspace sovereignty' at internet summit
- UK faces waste recycling crisis as China imposes ban on our 'foreign garbage'
China must respect Việt Nam’s sovereignty: Foreign Ministry have 332 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.