All tour operators in the country are advised to stop organizing tours to these countries until they are declared safe from the Covid-19 epidemic. Tours scheduled for February and March should be postponed, the association (VTA) said Tuesday. The move comes as the epidemic worsens in South Korea, Japan, Italy and Iran, with the number of infection cases rising continuously. The VTA has advised tour groups that have already entered the epidemic-stricken countries to change their schedules, not to take visitors to epidemic-hit areas and crowded places, and strictly adhere to regulations on prevention and control of the epidemic. Tourists returning to Vietnam from such places have to be quarantined for 14 days in accordance with the regulations of Vietnam’s Ministry of Health. Following the association’s statement, Vietnamese tour companies have cancelled all tours to South Korea, where the number of infections had climbed to 1,196 as of Wednesday morning; and removed Italy as a destination from their European tours. Huynh Phan Phuong Hoang, deputy general director of Vietravel, said that the company officially closed all tours to South Korea until the end of March and cancelled all itineraries involving Italy. Meanwhile, tours to Japan are still open. “Today, we… Read full this story
- Sky whales return in new, more fantastical tourism video from Travel Oregon
- Indiana Tourism Association Announces Award Winners
- Vaping epidemic hits Lee County schools
- The opioid epidemic hits hard in Indian country
- Mental Health 'Epidemic' Hits Generation Z
- NHL playoffs: Nazem Kadri faces long suspension for hit against Bruins
- 'Snowpocalypse' shuts down travel in Colorado High Country
- EU releases 3.5 million Euros in emergency relief to cyclone-hit countries
- Two Alaskans Elected to Board of Directors of US Travel Association
- Haiti’s economic lifeline has taken a hit. Expedia just made it worse.
Vietnam tourism association proposes travel suspension to epidemic-hit countries have 306 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.