Hanoi (VNA) – The Permanent Representative of Vietnam in Geneva, Ambassador Le Thi Tuyet Mai on February 11 chaired a meeting of the ASEAN Committee in Geneva (ACG) in the World Trade Organisation (WTO), the first in her capacity as the new head of the committee.
At the meeting, delegations of ASEAN member states in Geneva reached agreement on steps of preparation for WTO-related work in the time ahead, including the drafting of a ASEAN joint statement to be issued at the upcoming Trade Policy Review of the European Union, accelerating negotiations on fisheries subsidies and strengthening dialogues with ASEAN partners on WTO reforms.
Meetings of the ACG in WTO provide a platform for ASEAN member states to share views and infomation, foster their coordination on work of the WTO and contribute to strengthening the intra-bloc solidarity./.
- Theme and priorities of Vietnam’s 2020 ASEAN Chairmanship unveiled
- Fed chair meets with Trump at the White House
- Vietnam chairs GMS-6, CLV-10 Summits from March 29-31
- More teaching programs in higher education institutions meet ASEAN standards
- NA Chairwoman chairs first meeting of AIPA 41 organising committee
- Vietnam officially becomes Chair of ADMM, ADMM Plus
- Vietnam, Russia step up military technical cooperation
- Vietnam makes important contributions to ASEAN economic co-operation: minister
- Vietnam calls for stronger global governance reform
- Top legislator chairs first meeting of AIPA 41 organising committee