Twenty Vietnamese and more than 60 South Korean passengers on a flight from the virus-hit Daegu City in South Korea landed in Đà Nẵng on Monday morning from where they were immediately transported by ambulances to quarantine sites following the increase in COVID-19 cases in the East Asian country in recent days. VNA/VNS Photo Văn Dũng HÀ NỘI — Travellers from South Korea’s Daegu and North Gyeongsang will be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival in Việt Nam, the Ministry of Health announced on Monday. The decision was made at a Government meeting to weigh up the risks of the coronavirus spreading into Việt Nam from South Korea. The number of people infected with the SARS-CoVI-2 in South Korea, the new novel coronavirus that first emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan, jumped to 833 as of 4pm Monday, making it the biggest virus centre outside China. Seven deaths were reported in the country. Daegu City and the surrounding North Gyeongsang Province are the biggest clusters of the country affected by the epidemic. “The risk of disease spreading from the outbreak zones in South Korea into Việt Nam via flights is very high,” deputy health minister Đỗ Xuân Tuyên said at the meeting. Việt Nam… Read full this story
- EEU-Singapore free trade zone talks enter final phase
- North Korea Eliminates 10 Observation Posts in Demilitarised Zone
- Train crosses from South Korea into North for first time in a decade
- South Korea releases video of North Korea blowing up 10 guard posts in DMZ
- South Korea airlifts 200 tons of tangerines to North Korea in return for shipments of pine mushrooms
- North Korea tests 'newly developed ultramodern tactical weapon'
- North Korea says US-South Korea military drills violate agreement to work towards peace
- Vietnam among summer travel destinations to stretch the US dollar
- South Korea ban Jang Hyun-soo for LIFE after finding 58-capped star faked his military service exemption records
- North Korea tests mysterious new 'high-tech tactical weapon'
Travellers from Korea's outbreak zones quarantined after entering VN: ministry have 340 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 25, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.