Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on Monday afternoon presided over a meeting on COVID-19 epidemic amid rising infection cases in the world, including South Korea.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc presides over a meeting on COVID-19 epidemic in Ha Noi on February 24, 2020. Photo: VGP
Addressing the meeting, the Government chief said Viet Nam has effectively contained the epidemic as we have been active and calm and deployed drastic and comprehensive prevention measures.
However, the situation continues with complicated developments in some countries that are major trade and investment partners of Viet Nam.
He demanded the participants work out specific and drastic measures to cope with the new situation in order to prevent the epidemic spread to Viet Nam and to protect citizens’ health.
COVID-19 fight remains central task
Concluding the meeting, Phuc emphasized that COVID-19 fight remains central task of authorities from central to local levels.
We must strive to promptly cure COVID-19 patients if any, including foreigners while all incoming travelers from the epidemic-hit areas shall be timely isolated for 14 full days, PM Phuc ordered.
At the same time, we must be calm and try to pursue the dual goal of combating the epidemic and implementing socio-economic development tasks, he reiterated.
The Government chief also said final decision for reopening of schools will be made at the next meeting.
Earlier on February 22, Minister of Education and Training Phung Xuan Nha asked leaders of provinces and cities to consider reopening of schools on March 2.
- PM Phuc vows to facilitate defense cooperation with Cambodia, Laos
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc meets top leaders of Myanmar
- Attention roadies, day trippers: Check in, and pay, for just a few hours
- PM welcomes Cambodian, Lao defence ministers
- Public security forces play crucial roles in various fields: PM
- Road closures force drivers to revise Christmas travel plans
- The best travel discoveries of 2019, chosen by Guardian writers
- Travel deal: Qantas to launch $200 Chicago-Australia airfares
- Miami, Tokyo, Milan: A round- up of world's best cities for the perfect date on Valentine's Day
- PM calls for more efforts to control African swine fever
- PM welcomes Cambodian, Lao defense ministers
- Not Just Amazon: 27 Online Shopping Sites With Free 2-Day Shipping
Travelers from COVID-19 affected areas shall be isolated for 14 days, PM Phuc orders have 349 words, post on dtinews.vn at February 25, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.