Visitors at the exhibition Nhặt Lá Rừng Xưa ( Leaf Picking In the Ancient Forest ), by female artist Võ Trân Châu. The artist’s works use fabric and thread. VNS Photo Anh Thư HCM CITY — Two exhibitions by a group of young artists are on display at HCM City’s The Factory Contemporary Arts Centre. Nhặt Lá Rừng Xưa (Leaf Picking In the Ancient Forest), female artist Võ Trân Châu displays a series of works using fabrics and threads. Her messages about history and legacies evoke questions about time, life and people. Châu cuts secondhand clothes into square-sized pieces and organises the materials into a system of colour-coding. She also uses photography and textiles to depict her views. Born to a traditional family of embroidery, Châu is aware of the unique beauty of thread and fabrics. The 34-year-old portrays how strongly history reflects on the people and societies, including Vietnamese history of different periods, which feature in her pieces. Among her previous exhibitions are Suzhou Documents in China in 2016, and Fabric of Our Life in Hong Kong, and Where The Sea Remembers, both in the US last year. “I love Châu’s art. I see a taste of Vietnamese in her works,” said Nguyễn Thảo Nhi, 18, who visited Châu’s showcase, Leaf Picking in the Ancient Forest, on Sunday. Paintings by… Read full this story
- Bay Area calendar: Art on the Main, concerts and more
- USM hosts Icelandic artist Ólöf Nordal
- A week of events in Cambridge, Somerville: Arts First Fest, Open Studios, MayFair, more
- Buffalo's outdoor art, by neighborhood
- Buffalo Arts Studio’s Summer Solstice at Silo City
- Spinello Projects Reopens in Allapattah With "Within Time"
- How To… Curate A Gallery, Museum
- Top things to do in Tampa Bay for Saturday, April 27
- A wonderful week of adventures in captivating Cuba
- Summer in Arizona: 100 things to do to survive the Phoenix heat
The Factory hosts two art exhibitions have 341 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 18, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.