They had to join a queue behind scores of people who had arrived even earlier. “Two days ago, when passing by this store, I saw a notice that they would sell 1,000 boxes of medical masks and dry hand sanitizers at 7:30 a.m. today, so I went home and informed the family. Fortunately, we came in early enough, otherwise, we would have to go back empty handed.” The shop before which the queues were forming stands on To Hien Thanh in District 10. It is a pharmaceutical medical equipment store, part of Ho Chi Minh Trade Center. The store had announced that on Sunday morning, they would sell 1,000 boxes of 3-layered medical masks and dry hand sanitizers. Each customer can buy two boxes of medical masks for VND37,500 ($1.60) per box of 50 pieces, and a bottle of 100 ml hand sanitizer for VND40,000 ($1.70). It was nearly 5 a.m. when 56-year-old Nguyen Thi Mai, a resident of District 12, came to join the queue, only to realize that the security staff had closed the gate and there were hundreds of people standing inside. “I saw my friend sharing on Facebook that they would sell face masks from 7:30… Read full this story
- Long queues for iPhone 5 rollout despite glitches
- High quality speed-boat to run from Ha Long and Van Don to Co To
- Long queues as Eiffel Tower lifts out of order
- Chelsea sack manager Roberto Di Matteo after poor run of form
- Local residents back Long Thanh International Airport project
- Thousands queue for iPad 2 across Asia
- Saigon shoppers flood stores for Black Friday sales
- InterContinental opens luxury hotel, residences in city
- End in sight for thirsty Thu Duc residents, water utility says
- Are you willing to queue up for a bowl of Pho?
Saigon’s midnight run: residents form long queues to buy masks have 298 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.