The Hanoitimes – People who returned from China will be quarantined for 14 days before coming home.
Vietnam will repatriate its citizens from China on fears of worse situation of novel coronavirus (nCoV)-caused epidemic that has killed 426 people and caused 20,626 infections in China.
On February 2, Vietnam's Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc asked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to work with the Chinese side to bring Vietnamese nationals back to the country through border gates and airports.
|Some airlines are allowed to resume flights to China to bring Vietnamese citizens back to the country. Photo: VNA|
They will return to the home country through border gates in the northern provinces namely Huu Nghi in Lang Son province, Lao Cai in Lao Cai province, Mong Cai in Quang Ninh province, Tay Trang in Dien Bien, and Thanh Thuy in Ha Giang.
A number of others will fly to airports across the country, including Van Don in Quang Ninh and some small aviation terminals in the central and southern regions, except international ones.
Since February 1, the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAA) has halted all flights between Vietnam and China. However, some domestic airlines need to resume several flights to bring Vietnamese citizens back to the country. All flights after the government ban must get approval from different agencies.
In another move, the Ministry of Transport has worked with Chinese agencies to halt the operations of transnational railway route Gia Lam – Nanning – Beijing in the next few days.
So far, Vietnam Railway Corporation has stopped selling tickets of the daily railway route which carries average 130 passengers per day.
Railway stations of the transnational route have been sterilized while railway stewards, porters, and passengers are all required medical quarantine before entering Vietnam.
Two Chinese nationals who were infected nCoV (the first coronavirus infections found in Vietnam) was passengers of SE5 railway route from Nha Trang to Saigon on January 19. The railway steward serving two Chinese passengers has been quarantined.
- Seven Brits test positive for coronavirus in Vietnam after sharing a plane with a wealthy globe-trotting super-spreader who attended Gucci and Saint Laurent fashion shows in Milan and Paris
- Profits of Vietnam’s stock market predicted to stay flat in 2020
- Daily coronavirus cases outside of China are now 18 TIMES higher than inside the worst-hit nation where the outbreak began as Beijing offers help by sending 250,000 face masks to Iran
- Chinese diplomat thanks HCM City hospital’s care for citizens
- China disinfects BANK NOTES and quarantines them for 14 days as Beijing announces 143 new coronavirus deaths and global death toll rises past 1,600
- Vietnam's nCoV epidemic epicenter builds a field hospital
- Vietnam discharges three more nCoV patients
- Three more patients recover from novel coronavirus infection in Vietnam
- Vietnam confidently ensures reliability of nCoV test kits
- Coronavirus deaths leap in China as countries struggle to evacuate citizens
- Confirmed Wuhan coronavirus cases top 20,000 as China marks deadliest day
- Coronavirus: Brits airlifted from China 'to be quarantined in military base for 14 days'
nCoV: Vietnam repatriates citizens from China have 483 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at February 4, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.