Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may snub Princess Beatrice’s wedding to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi as they step back from the Royal Family, a friend has claimed.
The couple plan to move to Canada with their son Archie to start a new ‘independent’ life out of the royal spotlight after March 31.
While they plan to continue supporting their existing charities, it’s believed that they will spend little time in the UK and have axed their Buckingham Palace office.
This has lead to speculation about whether they will attend key royal events, including Harry’s cousin’s wedding.
According to a friend, there is a chance the couple may skip the festivities, which are being held at the Chapel Royal at St James Palace, on May 29.
They told the Telegraph: “Of course Harry and Meghan will still be invited, but it’s up to them whether or not they choose to attend.
“The trouble with Harry and Meghan is that they think they are bigger than the institution. It’s such a shame things have turned out like this.”
There is also concern that their appearance – which could be their first in the UK after their move – will create so much excitement that it might actually take attention from Beatrice and Edo.
It comes after experts claim the Sussexes made a dig at Beatrice and her younger sister Eugenie in their extraordinary statement detailing ‘Megxit’.
Hours after an official announcement on the arrangement were released, the couple shared their own, much longer, message on their personal website.
It has been decided that there will be a review of Meghan and Harry’s set-up after 12 months – something it seems they’re not too happy about.
In their message, they highlighted that other members of the Royal Family have already set a precedent for earning their own incomes.
Princess Beatrice and Eugenie are the highest profile examples of this.
Beatrice works in finance and consulting, and is currently the vice president of partnerships and strategy at software company Afiniti, while her younger sister is the director of London art gallery Hauser & Wirth.
The statement read: “While there is precedent for other titled members of the Royal Family to seek employment outside of the institution, for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a 12-month review period has been put in place.”
A royal source said: “It’s pretty clear they are referencing minor royals such as Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, which is an odd association to make for two people whose associates were once claiming they had single-handedly modernised the monarchy.”
Beatrice, 31, who is ninth in line to the throne, got engaged to Edoardo while on holiday in Italy last year.
Edoardo is an old family friend of the Yorks, and it is believed that he began dating Beatrice after they reconnected at Princess Eugenie’s wedding to Jack Brooksbank in October 2018.
Beatrice was previously in a ten year relationship with Dave Clark, which ended in 2016.
- Royal wedding 2018 countdown: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are marrying tomorrow
- Obviously, Meghan Markle Is Going Hard on the Peonies
- No Shit Meghan Markle Was Obsessed With Princess Diana, Just Like Everybody Else
- Meghan Markle Won't Return to
- Yes, Those Are Meghan Markle's Potential Wedding Dress Designs Floating Around
- Meghan Markle's Bridal Party Has Been Revealed, and Includes Not One Cast Member From
- Meghan Markle Is Going to Pippa Middleton's Wedding After All
- Kensington Palace Confirms Prince Harry's Relationship With Meghan Markle After 'Wave of Harassment'
- U.K. Politician's Girlfriend On Meghan Markle: 'This Is Britain, Not Africa'
- Meghan Markle Confirms Her Dad Will Not Attend Her Wedding Due to Health Issues
- Meghan Markle is one of many actresses who captivated a British royal, but she is different, book claims
- Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: Watch the replay
Meghan Markle and Harry 'may snub' Princess Beatrice's wedding after dig in statement have 636 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 25, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.