As decided by the city’s chairman Tuesday, Hai Phong Port, the biggest in the north and second biggest in Vietnam after Saigon Port in Ho Chi Minh City, will have all ships arriving from South Korea quarantined at Dau Islet, already operating as a mooring bay. Before each ship enters port, the entire vessel will be checked by staff from Hai Phong International Health Quarantine Center, with all crew members to remain on board. All crew boarding the ships are to be quarantined for 14 days. Hai Phong authorities requested operators, owners and captains of South Korean cargo vessels to keep track of their crew’s health. The port city previously applied the same quarantine routine to cargo ships from China, epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak. In the past 20 days, Hai Phong Port quarantined 245 ships carrying 4,814 crew members, all testing negative for the virus. Its new policy follows South Korea becoming one of the worst-hit countries and territories by the coronavirus epidemic, recording 1,146 infections by Wednesday, just after China. Vietnam on Tuesday announced it would suspend entries from all areas affected by the coronavirus outbreak, including those in South Korea, Japan, Italy, and Iran. All arrivals from… Read full this story
- Fire on oil tankers at South Korean port injures nine: Yonhap
- News Asian Games: Vietnam lauds South Korean coach as soccer 'wizard'
- Typhoon leaves thousands of South Korean homes powerless
- Seven South Koreans die in Budapest tourist boat tragedy
- South Korean National Security Adviser Visits US to Meet Bolton: Officials
- South Korean court allows conscientious objection to military service
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in to send special envoy to North Korea next week
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un attends South Korean concert in Pyongyang
- South Korean foreign minister to seek meeting with North Korean counterpart in Singapore
- Black Venus: The South Korean spy who met late North Korean leader Kim Jong Il
Major Vietnamese port to quarantine South Korean ships have 325 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.