Managing director of ASL Law Firm Pham Duy Khuong According to a Nielsen survey from last autumn, health continues to be a top concern for Vietnamese citizens. Foreign investors have been aware of this increasing demand for healthcare services and followed up with mergers and acquisitions to contribute capital to local companies. For example, the VinaCapital deal after divesting from Hoan My General Hospital has poured another $25 million into Tam Tri General Hospital, which owns a chain of four large private facilities in Danang, Nha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City, and Dong Thap, as well as a series of investments in pharmaceutical businesses. In addition, VinaCapital and Deutsche Bank’s DWS Vietnam Fund also spent $20 million holding 44 per cent of Hoan My’s capital. Japanese investor Taisho wants to spend more than VND3.4 trillion ($148 million) to buy an additional 21.7 per cent stake in Hau Giang Pharmaceutical to increase ownership to 56.69 per cent. Although the potential of the healthcare sector is something investors enjoy, there are still obstacles that prevent them from making decisions because of complicated legal framework that slows down procedures to facilitate pouring capital into the sector.Once the investment procedures are made simpler and… Read full this story
- Alberta shrugs off B.C. legal challenge on wine ban, says much more at stake with pipeline
- Chatbots, robotics to help ease manpower crunch in healthcare sector
- Protecting Phl healthcare sector
- Conservationists win Scottish wind farm legal challenge
- Australia same-sex marriage vote faces legal challenge
- Legal challenges to Trump’s travel ban mount from US states
- Losing candidate in Sierra Leone election plans legal challenge to result
- Fixed term parliament plans 'open to legal challenge'
- France is set to make Britain’s blue Brexit passports as De La Rue abandons its legal challenge
- Vedanta prepares legal challenge to India plant closure after fatal protest: Sources
Legal challenges for a flourishing healthcare sector have 317 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.