Authorities in Ho Chi Minh City have proposed to the central government a plan to extend the current school break until the end of March to control the epidemic caused by the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The municipal People’s Committee has recently announced it is seeking approval from the government and the Ministry of Education and Training regarding its wish to prolong the break to the end of next month. The break will be applied to students of all public kindergartens, schools, and universities in the southern metropolis. If approved, this will be the fourth time the school break has been extended since February 3. The break was previously prolonged to the end of February. According to the administration, the second semester of the 2019-20 school year in the city will run from April to July. The novel coronavirus, officially named COVID-19 by the World Health Organization (WHO) on Tuesday, has killed 1,669 people and infected nearly 69,200 globally since it first surfaced in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019, according to the South China Morning Post. Vietnam has so far confirmed 16 cases of the viral infection, including 13 Vietnamese, one Vietnamese American, and two Chinese. The two… Read full this story
- Ho Chi Minh, president of North Vietnam, dies at 79 in 1969
- Obama: Vietnam Leader Ho Chi Minh Was Inspired by Founding Fathers
- Local leaders unhappy with city plan to close 8 Queens high schools
- City plans a new look to calm traffic on Fourth Ave. in Bay Ridge
- Peters: 'Interesting We've Extended Iran Negotiations to April Fools' Day'
- Eight Queens high schools could lose up to half of their staff under city plan
- City plans to test, evaluate students in the arts, despite looming budget cuts and criticism
- Once upon a time ‘genius schools’ were called New York City public high schools
- Nonprofit groups trash city plan to charge them for garbage collection
- City Planning Commission approves USTA expansion plan in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park
Ho Chi Minh City plans to extend school break till April because of COVID-19 have 334 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.