In a review of the market in 2018 and forecasts for 2019, the HCM City Real Estate Association (HoREA) said there was excess supply in the high-end segment. While low-end condos accounted for only 24.7 percent of total supply, the high end accounted for 30 percent. The association’s chairman, Le Hoang Chau, said this made the market top-heavy and unstable, explaining there is equilibrium only when the low-priced segment is the most dominant followed by the mid-priced segment and then the high-end segment. In 2018 there was a shortage of housing for low-income people, he said. Photo: batdongsan.com But he assured that a bubble was not forming and there has in fact been a slowdown in new projects, supply and the number of transactions. Speaking about the market next year, HoREA said there would be many challenges. The trade conflict between the US and China would have a bearing, it said, adding that high crude oil prices have an impact on the country’s economy in general and the real estate market as a result. According to the organisation, foreign direct investment in housing would increase in 2019 but there would be a shortage of land. While the mid- and low-priced… Read full this story
- White, Floyd file lawsuit in real estate case
- Steelers QB flagged for unpaid real estate loans
- A-Rod a budding real estate mogul?
- Sporting Kansas City-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Fridley: 5 Newest Homes To Hit The Market
- 5 New Roseville Area Homes For Sale
- 5 New Grayslake Area Houses For Sale
- 5 Fridley Area Open Houses To Scope Out
- 5 New Oakdale Area Homes For Sale
- 5 Grayslake Area Open Houses To Stop By
HCM City real estate market lopsided, unsustainable: HoREA have 285 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.