The Microsoft Surface Pro 7. — Photo surfaceviet.vn HÀ NỘI — Google and Microsoft are accelerating efforts to shift production from China to Southeast Asian countries including Việt Nam amid the worsening coronavirus outbreak, the Nikkei Asian Review reported. Google is set to begin production of its Pixel 4A with its partners in northern Việt Nam as soon as April. The company also plans to manufacture its next-generation smartphone, the Pixel 5, as it is expected to be called, in the second half of this year directly from Việt Nam, two people with direct knowledge told Nikkei. Meanwhile, Microsoft is scheduled to start producing its Surface line, including notebook and desktop computers, in northern Việt Nam in the second quarter of this year at the earliest, another two sources familiar with the matter said. Most if not all Google smartphones and Microsoft-built computers have been made in China so far. The US-China trade war, along with coronavirus, caused many industries to consider the risks of overreliance on China for manufacturing. “The unexpected coronavirus hit will definitely push electronics builders to further seek production capacity outside their most cost-effective production base of China,” Nikkei quoted a supply chain executive as saying. Microsoft… Read full this story
- Viet Nam: 365 Days is a Nuanced Look at the Human Side of War
- 16 brilliant Amazon products with over 1,000 rave reviews
- Apple shifts production of Mac Pro from US to China: report
- Trade war: Tariffs prompt companies to pull China production
- Google reportedly moving Pixel phone production out of China
- Foxconn may broaden range of products made at Wisconsin factory
- Russia eyes Asian market in LNG expansion
- It’s Not Just You. Google Calendar Is_ In Fact_ Broken.
- Google Is Shutting Down Its Jump VR Video Program
- Apple moving production of U.S.-built Mac Pro computer to China
Google, Microsoft accelerate shifting production to Việt Nam due to virus: Nikkei Asian Review have 318 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.