Video PlayerClose PHNOM PENH, Feb. 26 (Xinhua) — The French-run Institut Pasteur in Cambodia (IPC) said it is fully committed to working together with Cambodia’s Ministry of Health (MoH) to combat COVID-19 in the country, according to a statement on Wednesday. The Phnom Penh-based institute is designated as the first-line laboratory for the diagnosis of COVID-19 by the Cambodian MoH, the institute said in a statement. Utilizing its BLS-3-level biosafety and biosecurity capacity in conjunction with multiple diagnostic tests, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) interim guidance, IPC has implemented, validated, and ensured diagnostic capacity to identify and respond to COVID-19 in Cambodia, the statement said. It added that working closely with the Cambodian Center for Disease Control (CDC), the coordinating entity designated for notification of suspected cases, (nasal and throat) swab samples from suspected cases are sent and processed to IPC in a timely manner. “All samples are subjected to testing according to validated protocols and suspected cases, and are tested with multiple diagnostic tests to ensure validity,” IPC’s director Dr. Laurence Baril said in the statement. She said on Jan. 27, the IPC confirmed the first and only COVID-19 case in Cambodia in a traveler visiting Cambodia… Read full this story
- Danniella Westbrook thanks fans for support following womb cancer diagnosis and vows to fight disease for her kids
- All Ireland champions Carnacon vow to fight expulsion by board 'all the way'
- Theresa May vows to fight off any challenge from Boris Johnson for the keys to No10
- Boar wars: French government steps in to help farmers fight rampaging animals
- Bromsgrove Sporting players vow to fight for their shirts
- Whittingham and Goosnargh residents vow to fight back over proposals for multiple housing developments
- Kim Dotcom vows to 'fight for internet freedom' in series of tweets
- Syria’s al-Qaida leader vows to fight on in Idlib
- Theresa May vows to fight off a leadership challenge from Boris Johnson
- Belfast councillor Jolene Bunting vows court fight over ‘absolute joke’ suspension
French-run institute in Cambodia vows to help fight COVID-19 have 343 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.