Experts said that the global rice supply declines due to the impacts of climate change, the price of rice will benefit farmers in the Mekong Delta. Mr. Tran Anh Tuan, a farmer in Long My District in Hau Giang Province, said that he had just finished harvesting rice then sold fresh paddy to traders for VND5,000 per kilogram at the field. He was so happy as this price was VND300 per kilogram higher than that at the beginning of the rice crop. His one-hectare rice field got productivity of nearly 7 tons per hectare. Mr. Tuan is one of the thousands of farmers in Long My District who have just harvested around 500 hectares of winter-spring rice. The farmers like Mr. Tuan was happy when the local authority mobilized nearly 100 combine harvesters to help farmers to simultaneously harvest their rice. The rental of a combine harvester fluctuated from VND260,000-VND300,000 per 1,000 square meters, depending on the condition of paddy, standing or falling, lower than the cost for manual harvesting which was from VND400,000-VND500,000 per 1,000 square meters. Currently, farmers in the Mekong Delta have harvested around 750,000 hectares out of 1.5 million hectares of winter-spring rice with the yield… Read full this story
- Mekong Delta needs more investment for transport infrastructure
- Promoting tourism links between HCM City and Mekong Delta region
- Agri-tourism attracts more visitors to Mekong Delta
- Mekong Delta subsiding at alarming rate: workshop
- Forum urges solutions to erosion, saline intrusion in Mekong Delta
- Enjoy This Winter by Using the Best Fireplace and the Patio Heaters
- Exploring the Mekong Delta
- Dept proposes reducing rice farming areas for upcoming crop
- PM exhorts Kiên Giang Province to capitalise on resources to become innovative, wealthy
- How Vietnamese Cultivate Wet Rice?
Farmers in Mekong Delta provinces enjoy bumper winter-spring rice crop have 296 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.