A view of HCM City. Photo tripsavvy.com HCM CITY — The chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Nguyễn Thành Phong has asked agencies to improve production of major industries and diversify tourism products, as well as speed up the capital disbursement rate of public investment projects in the city. Speaking at a conference on Tuesday, Phong said the city government had asked the Department of Industry and Trade to propose measures to improve production of four major industries in the first quarter. The request came as the four industries, which include mechanical engineering, electronics, chemicals-rubber-plastic, and food processing, saw a production decrease of 2.71 per cent in January over the same period last year. In addition, the city’s industrial production index (IPI) in January 2020 decreased by 3.9 per cent compared to the same period last year. Phong also urged agencies to complete a logistics development project that would make the city a major logistics hub by 2025. The project would build three logistic centres through technical infrastructure, and would aim to increase the number of businesses hiring specialised logistic services, with the goal of reducing costs, Phong said. To cope with the Covid-19 epidemic, Phong asked the Department of… Read full this story
- The fight against climate change: four cities leading the way in the Trump era
- China aims for southeast to be 70% self-sufficient in pork
- Feature: Chinese textile company brings new life to Tajikistan's cotton industry
- These 10 Startups Are Going to Improve Lives. Here’s Why.
- Bringing back the bacon: Chinese farms use facial recognition technology on PIGS to help boost the animals' productivity as the country faces an 'extreme' shortage of pork
- Ningbo taps 'smart' manufacturing
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DEC. 4
- 25 Companies That Hire Remote Workers (Because You’re Worth It)
- How Procrastination Changed the World
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 6
City aims to improve production of major industries have 316 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 19, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.