Dr Nguyễn Thị Minh Tâm*. — Photo courtesy of Family Medical Practice Dr Nguyễn Thị Minh Tâm* Globally there are 550,000 cases annually of head and neck cancer including cancer of the ear, nose and throat which is called otorhinolaryngology cancer. One of the most common otorhinolaryngology cancers is nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC). It affects about 1/100,000 of the global populationand is number one in all kinds of head and neck cancers in Viet Nam. NPC is the fourth most common cancer in Việt Nam. NPC is a malignant tumour of the nasopharynx epithelium. This cancer usually has early lymph node metastasis, (which means cancer cells are in the lymph nodes) and it closely relates to the Epstein-Barr virus (EPV) infection. This disease may be found at all ages but is most common amongst the 40-60 age group and younger age groups. The male/female ratio of NPC is 2/1. The disease can initially present with ear, nose and throat related symptoms and patients may be diagnosed with rhinitis or otitis before a final referral to the correct department and diagnosis of NPC is made. A late diagnosis of NPC often has consequences on treatment choices and effectiveness; unfortunately, late consultation and diagnosis of NPC… Read full this story
- Union Hospital to become part of LifeBridge Health System
- Signs Of Throat Cancer: Former Dallas Cowboy Michael Irvin Undergoing Tests
- Sir Alex Ferguson all-smiles in good health watching Man Utd beat Chelsea in FA Cup
- HireRight Best Background Check Service for Medical Practices
- Despite high fees, check cashers seen as part of community, customers say
- Cowboys legend Michael Irvin says he's undergoing tests for throat cancer
- Michael Irvin discloses biopsy taken on throat
- Cowboys great Michael Irvin has testing for throat cancer: 'I am terrified'
- Replacing a Glass Track Nose Piece – Nose Job
- Body Panel Mounting – Hang Your Own Dirt Late Model Nose
Checking the health of your ears, nose and throat have 323 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 24, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.