The conclusion that economic losses caused by air pollution could be up to 5 percent of GDP has raised controversy. Nguyen The Chinh, head of the Institute of Strategy and Policy on Natural Resources and Environment, was one of the participants at a conference on releasing the research work on the impact of air pollution on Vietnam’s economy which found that economic losses could be up to $10.82-13.63 billion, or 4.4-5.6 percent of GDP, if using the 2018 prices. Nguyen The Chinh, head of the Institute of Strategy and Policy on Natural Resources and Environment As early as 1988, air protection was mentioned in many resolutions. What now needs to be done immediately is preventing the dust from building material carrying trucks and from construction works. “What is the basis for the researchers to give such figures about economic losses? Is the basis reliable? These are the questions that need answers,” he said, adding that the researchers and experts need to prove the bases of the calculation to ensure the transparency of scientific reserach. As early as 1988, air protection was mentioned in many resolutions. What now needs to be done immediately is preventing the dust from building material carrying… Read full this story
- Air Pollution Can Cross State Lines With Deadly Consequences, Study Finds
- Air pollution 'triggers heart attacks even in areas where levels are deemed safe... and the damaging effect is felt within ONE day'
- In India, air pollution is the third-highest cause of death among all health risks: report
- A Frightening New Reason to Worry About Air Pollution
- Sadiq Khan triggers alert for high air pollution in London
- Air pollution can cross state lines, and with deadly consequences, study says
- Air pollution kills 600,000 children annually – WHO
- Air pollution plan cannot be delayed, high court tells government
- London air pollution is poisoning my son, says campaigner
Are the estimates about air pollution's effects on the economy reliable? have 317 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at February 17, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.