TOKYO — Hundreds of Japanese and foreign passengers were set to disembark from a coronavirus-hit cruise ship near Tokyo on Friday amid growing disquiet in Japan about whether the government was doing enough to stop the virus spreading. The departure of more than 400 passengers from the Diamond Princess after weeks in quarantine comes as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) issued a low-level travel advisory for Japan. In a bid to contain the virus, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government said it would either cancel or postpone major indoor events it has sponsored for the next three weeks. More than 600 aboard the cruise liner, quarantined off Yokohama since arriving on Feb. 3 carrying 3,700 people, have been infected with the virus. Two of them – both Japanese in their 80s – died on Thursday, and about 100 passengers will be transferred ashore in coming days for further quarantine because they were in close quarters with infected travelers. Around Japan, more than 80 people have tested positive for the virus, including three more confirmed on Friday in the northern island of Hokkaido. Two are brothers in elementary school, recovering in hospital, with the third a quarantine officer, Hokkaido’s governor said… Read full this story
- How to trigger every ‘Destiny 2’ Heroic public event and max out your loot
- Greenpeace's 'hippie ship' open to public in S.F.
- UK Calls For Public Input On Post-Brexit Trade With Japan, Aims To Secure Trade Deal With Tokyo
- Japan plans special cooling measures at 2020 Tokyo Olympics over threat of record heatwave
- Deepika fourth in qualifications of Tokyo Olympic test event
- Following in Ivanka’s Footsteps: Jennifer Lopez Attends Public Event Bra-less
- Japan's typhoon-damaged bullet trains to be scrapped
- Boris Johnson reveals plan to hire 20,000 extra cops in first full Cabinet meeting amid reshuffle bitterness fears
- Zimbabwe election: tensions rise amid vote rigging fears
- British Pound on Verge of Record 34-Year Low Amid Snap Election Fears
Amid Japan coronavirus fears, hundreds leave quarantined ship, Tokyo scraps public events have 325 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.