Launched by the artist in 2013, the project includes performances, installations and other forms of interactive art in various countries around the world. The artist’s journey will be sponsored by the Orange County Museum of Art in the US and other organizations in addition to his own budget. He also used crowdfunding. As part of Time Boomerang, Dam is traveling to oceans on five continents to deposit bronze models of his fingertips into the water. Dam said he was inspired by stories about the East Sea (South China Sea). His original idea was to launch bronze fingertips to the North, South, West and East of Vietnam to symbolize ownership, control and protection. Since then he has expanded his idea to the whole globe, reflecting his thoughts about colonialism and imperialism. Vietnamese artist Tran Nguyen Uu Dam will embark on his 30-day voyage across the Pacific Ocean by cargo boat from Vietnam at the end of this month. “I cast my hand, fingers fully outstretched in my childhood measuring gesture, in metal,” the artists wrote on Facebook. “When it was completed, I cut off the five fingertips and moved them away from the hand. Over a period of several years, I… Read full this story
- California has a weird new desert. It’s in the Pacific Ocean.
- Fukushima Still Plagues Pacific Ocean Fishery, Government & Industry See No Evil
- Solomon Islands, in the South Pacific, remain a monument to World War II and JFK
- Students’ Global Climate Strike is coming to the U.S. on March 15, as Greta Thunberg’s worldwide protest crosses rising oceans
- Feds could restrict Pacific Ocean fishing over endangered orcas, NOAA letter says
- England beat 14-man Argentina to reach World Cup quarter-finals
- Holy Cross School in South Portland reaches nearly $10,000 in donations to Zimbabwe school
- England reach World Cup quarter-finals with defeat of Argentina
- UK man plans to top cross-country fundraising run with Guinness World Record attempt
- Rabalais: LSU has crossed that unwritten bar of reaching the Sweet 16 ... can the Tigers go further?
Vietnamese artist crosses Pacific Ocean by cargo boat to reach around the world have 348 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 17, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.