|A trawler is stranded in Cua Tung.|
At 5:30a.m. on January 11, trawler QT 99140 TS with five fishermen on board was stranded due to an entrained rope while leaving Cua Tung creek.
Upon receiving the information, rescue ship V74-00489 captained by Nguyen Van Viet (from Cua Tung town) was mobilized to tow the troubled ship ashore.
Earlier, at 5p.m. on January 10, trawler QB 92813 with seven members on board captained by Nguyen Van Bang (from Ba Don town, Quang Binh province) was stranded 500m away from the Cua Tung Border Control Station while entering Cua Tung creek. Rescue ship ND 2517, captained by Tran Van Huan (from Nghia Hung district, Nam Dinh province), was mobilized to tow the troubled trawler. At 7:45p.m., the fishing boat was towed ashore safely.
According to Major Tran Binh Quy, Head of Cua Tung Border Post, if these trawlers had not been towed ashore in time, they would have been damaged by waves. At present, the Quang Tri provincial People’s Committee is dredging Cua Tung canals, so as to help ships enter the creek easily.
Translated by Huong Giang
- Thai Navy’s shooting of Vietnam fishing boats "against int'l laws": foreign ministry
- Passengers describe ‘strange’ mood on Ovation of the Seas cruise ship after White Island volcanic eruption
- Losing to Michael Phelps helped turn this star swimmer into a successful entrepreneur
- Space 'tow truck' will clean up Earth's orbit and remove defunct satellites around the planet as part of £100MILLION ESA project
- Humpback whale freed after becoming caught in fishing ropes off Port Elliot coast
- PETA Calls for Betta Fish Boycott After Undercover Video Shows Tropical Fish Kept Inside Small, Dirty Bottles at Breeding Farm
- Marine biologist reports a sharp rise in stranded sunfish
- 'Fishing continued' after East China sea oil spill
- Viking Cruise survivors describe hell of ship flooding with water and passengers left bloodied after liner lost all power during rough seas
- The Death Stranding PS4 Pro Limited Edition bundle is available for pre-order