The first big technology news event of 2020, CES, kicks off this week in Las Vegas. Among the attendees to the Consumer Electronics Show is tech giant Sony, which has now teased some of what to expect from its briefing at the annual tradeshow–but there is no reason to expect any PlayStation 5 news.
Sony’s CES 2020 landing page teases, “The future is coming.” The teaser goes on to offer some idea of what to expect from Sony’s briefing, albeit at a very high and ambiguous level. “At CES 2020 Sony is unveiling a unique vision of the future, bringing creativity and technology together like never before, to unleash new sensations and emotions,” reads the message.
One element of Sony’s “future” is the PlayStation 5, which is scheduled to launch this year. There is no word as of yet if Sony will share any PS5 details during its CES briefing, however.
— Sony (@Sony) January 6, 2020
Sony is a gigantic company, and gaming–while important to the business–is only one component of the overall organization. Historically, Sony tends to hold dedicated events for PlayStation announcements.
The PlayStation 4, for example, was officially announced and detailed for the first time during an event in New York City back in February 2013, which was one month after CES 2013.
PlayStation 5 News
Sony will most likely mention the PlayStation brand during its CES 2020 briefing given its size and importance to the company’s bottom line, but those hoping for new PS5 details may want to temper their excitement.
Sony has officially confirmed the PlayStation 5, and the company has also shared some initial details around faster loading times and the guts of the console. However, Sony has yet to formally announce or show off the system.
Microsoft, meanwhile, already announced its own next-generation console, Xbox Series X, and showed the first images of the system and its new controller. This console is also slated to go on sale in Holiday 2020 alongside the PlayStation 5.
Sony’s press conference at CES takes place on January 6 beginning at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET. That works out to 1 AM in London and 12 PM in Sydney on January 7. Keep checking back with GameSpot for more on Sony’s briefing and other news from the Las Vegas show in the days ahead.
- PlayStation 2020: the highs and lows of the PS5 launch year
- CES 2021 preview: what to expect from the upcoming online-only tech expo
- Sony PS5 showcase gives brief teaser of next God of War
- Sony TV 2021: every Master Series and Bravia OLED announced so far
- Dragon Age 4 new cinematic trailer, story teases, and everything else we know so far
- What to Expect From the First-Ever Virtual CES
- CES 2021 TV preview: 8K, OLED, MicroLED screens remain huge, hype shrinks
- PS5 launch in Japan was smaller than every PlayStation console except the PSP
- What we expect at CES 2021: Autonomous cars, EVs, and a mind-reading bike?
- The farm goes VR: John Deere's pitch for CES 2021 puts you in the tractor's seat
- PS5 Restock Updates for GameStop, Best Buy, SUP3R5 and More
- Unspeakable talks YouTube and tech at CES 2021
Sony Teases CES Briefing, Says "The Future Is Coming," But No Word On PS5 Reveal have 791 words, post on www.gamespot.com at January 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.