Earlier, trawler QNa 90129TS with Luong Van Vien from Quang Nam province at the helm and 51 fishermen on board experienced main engine failure and went adrift while fishing in the Hoang Sa (Paracel) waters.
|Ship SAR 412 guiding trawler QNa 90129TS|
Upon receiving the mayday, the Vietnam Maritime Search and Rescue Coordination Center sent Ship SAR 412 for the rescue mission. At 6:20p.m on May 2, the rescue ship approached the scene. The rescue team took the distressed fishermen ashore, provided first aid for them, and guided the distressed trawler to Da Nang City safely.
On the same day, Ship SAR 274 under the center brought a sick fisherman to Da Nang Hospital for further treatment.
Earlier, fisherman Hoang Sinh, 48, on board trawler QB 98174 TS was injured and lost consciousness. The captain of the trawler called the center for help. At 11:40a.m on May 3, the rescue team on board Ship 274 approached the trawler and brought the fisherman ashore.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Italy to seize German NGO ships, take in rescued migrants
- Cruise ship rescue: Crewmember spotted "waving their arms" in ocean near Cuba
- San Diego sportfishermen rescue Mexican crew in distress
- Cargo Ship Capsizes Near Georgia, 4 Still Missing
- ‘Turned From Rescue to Piracy’: Migrants Threatened to Kill Ship’s Crew Unless Sailed to Europe
- Migrant Rescues Along Southwestern Border Top 3K in 2019
- Great Yarmouth to welcome American cruise ship passengers
- Border Patrol Agents Rescue Mother, Child Abandoned by Human Smuggler
- Thailand cave rescue: The health toll of waiting for freedom
- Emergency crews rescue worker after trench collapse in Pasco County