Hanoi, (VNA) – The presidential office of the Republic of Korea has welcomed the announcement by Washington confirming the second summit between the United States and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK).
Spokesman of the RoK presidential office Kim Eui-kyeom said on February 6 that the RoK hopes the US and DPRK can make substantial and concrete steps forward in Vietnam.
“We hope that Vietnam will be a great place for the US and North Korea to make new history,” Kim said.
However, he said, it is difficult to speak about the host city, and added that he is sure there will be an official announcement on that issue from the US and DPRK.
Earlier, US President Donald Trump announced in his State of the Union address that he will meet DPRK leader Kim Jong-un from February 27-28 in Vietnam for their second summit talks. However, Trump didn’t reveal which Vietnamese city will host to the high-stakes summit.
Vietnam on February 6 welcomed the second summit between the US and DPRK.
“Vietnam welcomes the second US-DPRK summit and strongly supports dialogues to maintain peace, security and stability on the Korean Peninsula,” Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry Le Thi Thu Hang said in reply to a question for Vietnam’s comment on US President Donald Trump’s remark in his latest State of the Union address on the upcoming summit.
Vietnam stands ready to actively contribute to and cooperate with relevant sides to ensure the success for the second US-DPRK summit, thus helping achieve the above-mentioned goal, she concluded.-VNA
- Chris Brown Welcomes Second Baby Boy With Ex Ammika Harris
- 'Besotted' Alex Jones welcomes second son with husband Charlie Thomson
- Chris Brown 'welcomes second child' with ex-girlfriend Ammika Harris
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West welcome second baby boy: 'He's perfect'
- PM’s RoK trip expected to further enhance bilateral relations
- PM arrives in Busan to attend ASEAN-RoK Commemorative Summit
- PM to attend summits in RoK, pays official visit to RoK
- North Korea hits back at Trump implying another summit
- 'I feel like the luckiest girl on the planet': Alesha Dixon confirms she has welcomed her second daughter Anaya as she shares sweet photo and reveals she gave birth seven weeks ago
- 'The gift of life really is the most incredible thing!': Aaron Jeffery and Zoe Naylor are set to welcome their second child