|The Ministry of Health inspects Coronavirus prevention at Noi Bai International Airport|
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on January 23 sent Telegram No.121/CD-TTg, urging ministries, agencies, and local authorities to take better action to prevent Coronavirus from spreading into the country.
Accordingly, the PM asked the Ministry of Health (MoH) to steer the activities to strictly control immigration at Vietnam’s border gates of roads, waterways, and airports. Suspected health hazards should be quarantined while taking timely and reasonable measures and schemes to respond to the development of the epidemic.
The Ministry of Information and Communications, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs were also directed to work closely with the MoH to provide and update information on the epidemic, and warn Vietnamese citizens not to go to the infected areas unless they have an urgent need reason. The chairmen of cities and provinces directly under the central government were also ordered to take measures to prevent and control the epidemic under the guidance of the MoH, while ensuing a sufficient supply of medicines, materials, and equipment, as well as finances to fight the epidemic.
The Coronavirus epidemic is reaching serious levels in China. To date, more than 541 Chinese citizens have been affected by coronavirus with 17 deaths.
According to the WHO, the new coronavirus causes fever, fatigue, sore throat, and dry cough in the early stages. As the illness progresses, patients may experience difficulties in breathing. These symptoms – which are similar to many other respiratory diseases – are what make it so difficult to control.
There is no specific medicine for the epidemic.
By January 23, Vietnam has found two affected cases who are Chinese citizens. Their health is said to be stable at the moment
- Illegal immigrants exploit border wall construction to gain entry
- The Rawalpindian Candidate: Can Pakistan’s new PM deliver a cooling of border tensions?
- President Trump Says He'll Shoot Immigrants at Border if They Throw Rocks
- Open Borders and Self-Determination
- We Just Got a Disturbing Look at the Inhumanity of the Far Right's Immigration Demands
- It's Good to See That Congress Has Its Spending Priorities in Order
- Trump Demands End to ‘Catch and Release’ Immigration Policy
- Denying Asylum ≠ Justifying Deportation; Open Borders ≠ Universal Asylum
- Republicans Sent Out Talking Points About Switzerland's Anti-Immigrant Laws, For Some Reason
- At the Canadian border, there's no wall—but plenty of people watching