– The Embassy of Vietnam in Russia on January 23 held a celebration of the traditional Lunar New Year (Tet) for its staff and overseas Vietnamese who are living, working and studying in Moscow and other Russian localities.Vietnam-Russia and Russia-Vietnam Friendship Year 2019-2020, including the visits to Russia by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan.
Earlier, overseas Vietnamese in some Russian localities such as Ufa and Ekaterinburg held Tet celebration activities such as wrapping “chung” cakes (square glutinous rice cake – a traditional Tet food) and organising culture and art programmes to welcome the Year of the Rat./.
- Roundup: UK-China ties hailed as Northern Ireland celebrates Chinese lunar new year
- Flowers on set for lunar new year holiday
- Spotlight: U.S. industries' Lunar New Year marketing highlights hope for expansion in China market
- Travel deal: $149 rooms at Temecula casino-resort for Lunar New Year
- Beijing to ring in Chinese Lunar New Year with folk songs
- Tech giants report more digital "red envelopes" usage during Lunar New Year
- Nepal sees surge in Chinese tourists during Lunar New Year
- Ha Nhi group celebrates traditional new year
- Top artist to take the stage for New Year show
- Survey: Philadelphia Among Top Cities To Ring In The New Year