* On January 18, Politburo member and permanent member of the Secretariat Tran Quoc Vuong visited and presented gifts to officials, troops, and residents in Duc Long commune, Thach An district, Cao Bang province.
|Politburo member and permanent member of the Secretariat Tran Quoc Vuong visits Duc Long Border Post.|
At Duc Long Border Post, Vuong asked them to promote solidarity to firmly manage and safeguard national border security and sovereignty and implement the new-style rural area building program.
He took this occasion to hand over Tet gifts and ten breeding cattle to local wounded soldiers, poor families, schools, and needy students with good academic records.
* The same day, Director of the Ho Chi Minh National Political Academy Nguyen Xuan Thang granted 100 gifts to needy households in Tan Tien commune, Yen Son district, Tuyen Quang province.
He also offered financial assistance, worth VND 50 million in cash each, to help two families in the commune to build new houses.
Reportedly, the academy will present 400 gifts to people in Tuyen Quang prior to Tet holiday.
|Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Phuong Nam visits troops of the Ca Mau provincial Border Guard Command.|
* A military mission, led by Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Phuong Nam, Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army, visited and extended Tet greetings to troops of the Ca Mau provincial Border Guard Command.
At the meeting, the command’s leadership informed the delegation about the unit’s outcomes in carrying out tasks in 2019 and set targets for 2020, especially before, during, and after the Tet festival 2020.
Hailing their achievements, General Nam requested them to further promote combat readiness posture, raise material and spiritual lives of troops, and wished them a warm and happy New Year.
* A delegation of National Assembly deputies in Ba Ria – Vung Tau province sent Tet greetings and presented gifts to policy beneficiaries in Vung Tau and Ba Ria cities, and Chau Duc district.
Additionally, the Vietnam Fatherland Front’s chapter of the province handed over 1,600 Tet gifts to local needy people.
* From January 15 to 18, Brigade 198 of the Commando Corps assigned working teams to offering 2.1 tons of rice to poor families in Buon Ma Thuot city and Krong Pach district of Dak Lak province.
* Meanwhile, Company 15 of Army Corps 15 on January 18 held a ceremony to welcome the Tet holiday and present gifts to needy ethnic minority people in Ia Pnon commune, Duc Co district, Gia Lai province.
Translated by Van Hieu
- Defense delegation visits policy beneficiaries in An Giang
- Policy beneficiaries in Long An province receive GDP’s gifts
- More support policies needed to boost startups, innovation: VCCI President
- More disabled people access to supportive policies
- Prudent policy stance to offset headwinds
- Monetary Policy | RBI catches markets off-guard; over to the Union Budget
- Opinions post monetary policy review
- Monetary Policy | Inflation, transmission issues took rate cut off the table
- New books celebrating Tet released
- Red Cross Society urged to renew to further support for disadvantaged people