Most of the St. George area businesses seeking annexation into the city of Baton Rouge are scheduled to go before the Metro Council for a vote Wednesday, with a total assessed value of $16 million.These are businesses in the unincorporated area that voters in 2019 agreed to turn into the new city of St. George. But incorporation is on hold amid legal challenges. On Wednesday, Metro Council members will consider petitions from property owners including contractor Turner Industries, an affiliate of Stirling Properties, the Louisiana School Employees Retirement System, and affiliated businesses that own much of United Plaza, a corporate complex of office buildings just East of Interstate 10 and Essen Lane. Attorney Charles Landry was retained by all the property owners who submitted annexation requests so far. Landry also has an equity stake in United Plaza properties. Landry was involved in efforts in 2014 to annex several major commercial centers out of the proposed St. George area into the Baton Rouge city limits.Those properties include much of the Mall of Louisiana, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, Siegen Lane Marketplace and Baton Rouge General’s Bluebonnet campus. Other properties Baton Rouge annexed are the Costco store near Interstate 12 and Airline… Read full this story
- Convicted killer seeks new Baton Rouge trial, cites flawed East Baton Rouge Parish jury pool
- Entering third year in office, Baton Rouge police chief focusing on building trust among officers
- Riverboat passengers get a taste of Baton Rouge, and there are more coming
- Two Baton Rouge police officers punished for racially-charged remarks; one after Alton Sterling probe
- Baton Rouge area plant managers see pause in new projects
- Baton Rouge area student feeding locations during coronavirus outbreak
- Riverboat cruises returning to Baton Rouge as city eyes 'tourist destination' riverfront
- Where is Baton Rouge forecasting growth in its economic outlook for 2020?
- Judge rejects convicted killer's new trial motion that challenged flawed East Baton Rouge Parish jury pool
- Bayou Country Superfest draws 50,000 -- less than half its last Baton Rouge appearance
Looking to escape St. George, businesses seek annexation into Baton Rouge; vote next week have 345 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at January 3, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.