Chennai: Public sector Indian Overseas Bank has received capital infusion of Rs 4,360 crore from the government of India, the bank said on Saturday. In a regulatory filing to the stock exchanges, the bank said it has received the amount as contribution of the government in preferential allotment of equity shares during the financial year 2019-20 as government’s investment. In December 2019, the bank had said it would receive capital infusion of Rs 4,360 crore from government in the current financial year for meeting the regulatory requirement. In August 2019, the Finance Ministry had announced capital infusion of Rs 3,800 crore which was later increased by Rs 560 crore. Indian Overseas Bank is under the Prompt Corrective Action framework of the Reserve Bank of India. The bank has reported widening of net loss to Rs 2,253.64 crore for the quarter-ending September 30, 2019. The Prompt Corrective Action framework comes into force when banks breach the three key regulatory points namely capital to risk weighted assets ratio, net non-performing assets and return on assets. Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay… Read full this story
- Overseas Banks Publish Exposure Figures in US Sub-Prime Mortgage Sector
- Prominent Commercial Mortgage Lender Says US and European Banks Will Struggle to Raise Capital
- Basel Norms & Indian Banking System
- How To Get Ongoing Working Capital For A Medical Practice
- Do Banks Rule the World?
- Online Banking in India
- Working Capital - The Essential Component for A Successful Business
- Financial Capital
- Business Venture Capital - You're Never Too Small to Raise Money
- Venture Capital - An Overview Of This Critical Business Capital Source
Indian Overseas Bank Receives Rs 4,360 Crore Capital Infusion from Govt have 291 words, post on www.news18.com at January 4, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.