NEW DELHI (AP) — India on Thursday asked China to avoid raising the Kashmir dispute at the United Nations Security Council, insisting it is a bilateral matter between India and Pakistan. The government issued a statement Thursday, a day after China requested a review by the U.N. Security Council of the U.N. observer mission in Kashmir. “China should reflect on a global consensus on Kashmir and avoid raising it at the United Nations,” India’s External Affairs Ministry spokesman Raveesh Kumar told reporters in New Delhi. Most countries on the 15-member council have urged India and Pakistan to cool the dispute and resolve it between themselves. But on Wednesday, China’s U.N. ambassador warned against further escalation of strife between India and Pakistan over the disputed Kashmir region and expressed hope that a Security Council meeting called by Beijing might help both countries seek a solution through dialogue. Kumar said India has raised the matter with China in the past. The latest flareup in conflict was sparked by a decision by India’s Hindu nationalist-led government to end the semi-autonomous status of Muslim-majority Kashmir on Aug. 5. A harsh crackdown ensued, with New Delhi sending tens of thousands more troops to the already… Read full this story
- It is a matter which is completely internal to India: MEA on Turkey raising Kashmir issue at UNGA
- Malaysia should desist from making such remarks: MEA on the country raising Kashmir issue at UNGA
- Trump reportedly asks China to lift tariffs on US farm products
- Trump asks China to lift farm tariffs
- Pakistan, India trade gunfire; 'dossier' on Kashmir tensionYou may also be interested in...
- Pakistan-India tensions on high over Kashmir
- India asks U.S. to release University of Farmington students
- India hopes to avoid US sanctions over Russian missile deal
- For the second time_ India declines China’s invite for BRI forum
- Trump asks China to drop all agricultural tariffs as trade talks continue
India asks China to avoid raising Kashmir dispute at U.N. have 335 words, post on apnews.com at January 16, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.