A spokesperson for the cathedral at 159 Tran Phu Street, which draws thousands of foreign tourists (mostly Chinese and Korean) every day, said on Monday afternoon it is temporarily closed to visitors. Coronavirus fears lead Da Nang Cathedral, one of the popular sites in the central city, to temporarily close on January 27, 2020. An announcement on its website in Vietnamese and English said “the outbreak of the coronavirus” was the reason for the closure. It does not mention when it will reopen. The spokesperson said he had informed the Department of Tourism and tour guides about the closure. Parishioners have been told to keep updated on the issue and protect themselves. On Saturday the four-star Riverside hotel on Tran Hung Dao Street along the Han River posted a notice saying it would not take in guests from China at the moment because China is where the coronavirus disease is spreading. The hotel added that it will make an announcement when it is ready to serve Chinese tourists. It has also cancelled and reimbursed a reservation made by a group of Chinese visitors a few months ago. The city Department of Tourism urged the hotel to take off the notice in order not… Read full this story
- 'Monkeys run away with coronavirus test samples after attacking lab technician'
- Speak up: Domestic violence sees surge as people forced to stay home amid coronavirus pandemic
- 'I technically don't have a job': Home and Away star Sophie Dillman recalls the 'bizarre' moment she was told production on long-running soap was shut down over coronavirus fears
- 'It is so fabulous to be back!' Home and Away's Ray Meagher returns to work on the long-running drama... after it was shut down over coronavirus fears
- Nigeria's nightlife dwindles amid coronavirus restrictions
- Portals of Kedarnath Temple reopen amid coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown; no 'darshan' for devotees
- Chris Pratt looks focused as he takes his best swing during a game of golf in Bel Air amid coronavirus pandemic
- Police find guests staying at £850-a-night five-star hotel in County Durham during coronavirus lockdown
- ‘What are we going to do?’: South Bay family struggles to pay rent, bills amid coronavirus pandemic
- Paul McCartney calls to end 'medieval' Chinese wet markets amid coronavirus pandemic
Da Nang cathedral and hotel turn tourists away amid coronavirus fears have 382 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 28, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.