|A presentative from Military Region 7 Command introduces the exercise|
The information was announced by the Military Region 7 Command of Vietnam at a press meeting on December 13 in Ho Chi Minh City.
The exercise will take place in Tuasday commune, Chanthrea district, in the Cambodian province of Svay Rieng, with the participation of some 800 people.
The drill will focus on the establishment and operation of a joint command post, practicing dealing with chemical incidents and disasters, and post-disaster recovery.
On the occasion, the organizing panel will inaugurate a military-civilian friendship infirmary for the Cambodian district, transfer and install medical equipment in the locality and present gifts to local people.
This first-ever exercise is to realize the protocol signed by the two countries on frequent natural disaster prevention, search and rescue and to implement the coordination regulation nodded by Vietnamese and Cambodian localities sharing the borderline.
It is hoped to help expand the traditional friendship, solidarity, cooperation and mutual support between the two militaries and peoples while also contributing to maintaining political security, and building a borderline of peace, friendship, stability, cooperation and development.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Defense ministry maps out tasks for October
- South Korea’s defense ministry is taking steps to keep soldiers from getting caught up in the cryptocurrency frenzy
- Defense Ministry, PT PAL Indonesia to build fast missile boats
- PNP shifts from search, rescue and recovery to law and order
- Defense ministry holds reception to celebrate PLA founding anniversary
- Defense ministry receives award from ombudsman
- Russia's defense minister has been showing up in unexpected places as the military increases its influence under Putin
- The Big Bang in Indian Defense Is Delayed: Anjani Trivedi
- Vietnam plans to have more maritime rescue vessels
- 13-nation military exercise Noble Partner begins in Georgia