Receiving Malaysian Foreign Minister Saifuddin Abdullah in Hanoi on May 16, PM Phuc expressed his delight at the effective outcomes of the talks between the Malaysian FM and his Vietnamese counterpart Pham Binh Minh.
PM Phuc said that both foreign ministries should work to carry out practical measures to foster the relations and cooperation between the two countries in the time ahead.
Saifuddin Abdullah, for his part, said that the Malaysian PM wishes to enhance cooperative ties with Vietnam while expressing his appreciation of Vietnam for continuing palm oil imports from Malaysia in the context that European countries are reducing orders for this product.
|Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (R) and Malaysian Foreign Minister Saifuddin Abdullah|
He suggested both nations bolster cooperation beyond traditional fields to Industry 4.0 and robotics, saying that they need new approaches in promoting collaborative ties.
PM Phuc welcomed the Malaysian diplomat’s recommendations, highlighting that Vietnam holds potential in these fields.
The Vietnamese Government leader said that due attention should be paid to lever cooperation in high-quality infrastructure development, high technology, logistics, and energy.
Laying stress on the effective cooperation between Malaysia’s Petronas and PetroVietnam, he said that both sides should expand work in oil and gas exploration.
“The Vietnamese Government commits to providing favourable conditions for Malaysian corporations to do business in Vietnam,” he said.
Regarding the East Sea issue, PM Phuc agreed with the Malaysian FM’s viewpoint on a consensus in ASEAN on accelerating negotiations of the Code of Conduct in the waters with China.
He said all parties must respect international laws, particularly the 1982 United Nations Convention on Law of the Sea (UNCLOS 1982), and ensure security, safety, and freedom of aviation and navigation in the region.
- Wife of former Malaysia PM Najib charged with money laundering
- Luxury jet linked to graft scandal to return to Malaysia: PM
- Lukashenko: Belarus-Vietnam economic ties should be as good as political relations
- Ankara, Berlin willing to mend ties: Turkish PM
- Money laundering charge for ex-Malaysia PM
- Cambodian media spotlight PM Hun Sen’s visit to Vietnam
- 50 rhino horns worth £12m seized at Malaysia airport bound for Vietnam
- Malaysia Intercepts $12 Million Worth of Rhino Horns, Animal Carcasses
- Vietnam a Southeast Asia leader in internet economy growth
- Singapore suspends quail egg imports from Malaysia