The meeting was co-chaired by Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Chi Vinh, Deputy Defense Minister and the committee’s Chairman, and Aleksey Mikhailovich Medvedev, Deputy Minister of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
|At the meeting|
According to a report delivered at the meeting, in 2019, the center fulfilled all plans set by the coordinating committee and science and technology missions assigned by Vietnam.
The center has actively implemented the contents of the protocol amending and supplementing the bilateral agreement on the Vietnam-Russia Tropical Center signed in 2018.
It has also developed its science and technology plans in line with the science and technology development direction of the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense and the Vietnamese State while contributing positively to national defense consolidation, economic development, and environment protection missions.
The delegates highly appreciated the center’s outcomes in 2019, particularly the increased number of its scientific articles published on prestigious international journals.
|The two sides signing the 30th meeting’s minutes|
During the event, the participants approved the scientific research plan of the Vietnam-Russia Tropical Center for 2020 and asked the center to continue promoting the application of research findings to reality. Besides, they hoped that the Russian side will strengthen its participation in application and technology transfer activities in the time to come.
The two sides agreed that the 31st meeting of the Coordinating Committee for the Vietnam-Russia Tropical Center will be held in Russia. They signed the 30th meeting’s minutes and the operational regulations of the Vietnam-Russia Center for tropical science and technology research.
Translated by Lam Anh
- Carrie Underwood to perform at KFC Yum! Center Oct. 17, 2019
- Wexner Center announces winter 2019 exhibition
- Air Force creates board to review 'active shooter' reaction
- Hope Center announces 2018-2019 board officers
- Air Force creates board to review 'active shooter' reaction at Wright-Patterson
- Jared Kushner Began Relationship With Russia-Linked Organization Following Meeting With Henry Kissinger, Reports Reveal
- Bui Tin, Colonel Who Accepted South Vietnam’s Surrender, Dies at 90
- Trump Won’t Follow Congressional Directives on Russia and Crimea
- Rand Paul Continues His One-Man Détente With Russia, This Time in Moscow
- Kristy, Hector, Ileana, John: Four Tropical Cyclones Line Up in Pacific Ocean